A survey of major research findings and theories of conditioning, verbal learning, memory, and problem solving.
At the conclusion of this course, given your hard work, persistence, and dedication, you will…
- Be able to identify, explicate, and apply the major theories of learning & memory.
- Have gained an understanding of how learning & memory theories are used to modify behavior.
- Understand the experimental techniques used to study learning & memory.
- Have gained an understanding of the complex interaction between memory systems and learning.
- Be able to apply the principles of learning & memory in order to benefit your daily life and the lives of others.
Video Outreach Project. Student groups select two topics from Learning & Memory and create public-outreach videos, posted on YouTube. Each video contains a review of the relevant literature on the topics, a brief review of the typical methods used to investigate the topics, a “mini-documentary” focused on how to apply the topics to benefit other college students, and a summary review of how the application is evidence-based.